IFS (International Featured Standard) FOOD. IFS Standard has been prepared by representatives of German and French retailers in cooperation with retailers from other countries.
IFS imposes requirements on food safety management system for food manufacturers and suppliers and determines auditing principles. It is a system which combines GHP principles (Good Hygienic Practice) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and HACCP requirements (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) and management system elements. Possession of a certified system according to IFS is a requirement of delivering products, among others, to German and French as well as other international sales networks.
Possession of food safety management system based on IFS standard:
- guarantees fulfilment of EU legal requirements on food safety,
- provides international, widely recognised certificate in Poland, Europe and in the world,
- improves competitiveness through gaining evidence of high quality safe goods production,
- increases trust of partners, customers, suppliers and controlling units for which products safety and quality is a key issue,
- opens a way to cooperation with sales networks,
- guarantees continuous company improvement.